[Degrees and Employment History] [Distinctions]
[Publications] [Others about Friedman]
[Downloadable Manuscripts] [Comments and Ideas] [Adventures in Music]
[Back to Home Page]
- Guinness Book of World Records
1967-, youngest professor.
- Senior Distinguished Research Award
Ohio State University
- Alan T. Waterman Award, for "his
revitalization of the foundations of mathematics, his penetrating investigations
into the Gödel incompleteness phenomena, and his fundamental contributions
to virtually all areas of mathematical logic," by the National
Science Foundation, 1984.
- Invited by President Ronald Reagan to a
luncheon at the White House "in recognition of outstanding
scientists, mathematicians and engineers, held February 12, 1985.
- Named among "the top 100 scientists
in the U.S. under 40" by Science Digest, December 1984.
- Guggenheim Fellowship, "Studies
in the Foundations of Mathematics," October 1986 - August 1987.
- Goedel Lecture, Las Vegas, June
2, 2002, Association for Symbolic Logic.
- Rademacher Lectures, University
September 17 - 20, 2002.